Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm excited to create a webpage. I've tried to do it before but it seemed very complicated. The Scholastic site seems like an easy to manage and create site. The one thing that upset me was I tried to work on it at work yesterday and it came up blocked (I'm still racking my brain to figure out what key word was found to block it). So it was sad to know that if i stay in the district I am currently in, it will not be as easy for me to complete the upkeep of this site since it is blocked.

In college many of our professors had their own websites, which made it easy to view the assignment or syllabus that I sometimes forgot about or misplaced!

But creating a website will eliminate those late night phone calls to friends to figure out what is due the next day. It will also allow the parent to help the student, they can know what is due and when without having to ask the student questions a lot!

Im excited to complete my website and become confident to use one in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Chris why don't you try asking your technology person or maybe even your supervisor what webpage company they use or to help you unblock the site you are using. I did so in my school and not only they were able to help be with that issue but once I created my web page they included it on the school's website under the academic departments , once you find my name and click on it it takes you to me web page. Maybe they can help you set it up. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing about all teachers having web pages is the fact that as a student you can never lose any information, and you can check to see what is going on with the class from anywhere at any time. You make a good point about students not having to scramble at the last minute to call a friend for assignment information. It also leaves them no excuse for missing work. Even if they are not in class they can make themselves aware of any homework they need to complete.

    ReplyDelete