Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kidspiration is a software that kids can use online that forms as a graphic organizer.  I've actually used Kidspiration before when creating my first WebQuest and mPower project for a previous class I've taken.  I used it to help with my pre-work and thinking.
  I think it's a great way for students to organize their thoughts and do it in a fun way.  I think anytime you can incorporate the computer kind of engages students a little more.  When I first saw the "web like" graphic organizer it immediately made me think of writing and writers workshop!  I definitely used those when I was a child.  But they can be used for all sorts of subjects.  You can use them in math to group different shapes.  You can use them in science to link the different states of matter.
  Its a great way to organize ideas, and even better.............ITS NEAT!  A nice alternative to some of those students with messy handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment